I'm thrilled to announce that I'm hosting a trip to Costa Rica later this year!
Natural Connections in Costa Rica with Emily Stone
December 1 - 9, 2018
On this 9-day expedition be prepared to experience the best of what Costa Rica has to offer. Spend time birding in the lush lowland forests of Sarapiquí and the highlands of Arenal Observatory. From guided nighttime and daytime hikes through the rainforest, to river rides in search of Costa Rica’s abundant biodiversity, to cultural interactions with locals, to learning about the work being done to conserve this beautiful land; this adventure-packed program is a journey you won’t want to miss.
- Take guided hikes in the 500-acre primary and secondary rainforest reserve at Selva Verde Lodge, which provides habitat to more than 350 bird species, including the endangered Great Green Macaw.
- Cruise by boat during a canal safari in Tortuguero amongst the reptiles, birds, monkeys and butterflies.
- Learn about the history and production of chocolate and coffee on guided tours through the farms.
- Venture out on a whitewater rafting expedition down the Río Sarapiquí.
- Experience a taste of life on the farm at Vida Campesina, and learn how to make homemade tortillas.
LAND PRICING $ 2,265 (10 participants) Cost includes meals, accommodations, and activities as indicated in the itinerary, in-country transportation, full-time guides, bottled water on the bus, carbon offset. Does not include international airfare, gratuities or items of a personal nature.